Wednesday, March 2, 2011

High Water & Bananas

Tuesday:  4 miles, 20 minutes yoga
Wedensday:  16 miles
Thursday:  4 miles, 20 minutes yoga
Saturday:  8 miles

Total:  32 miles

Just as the ice was almost  gone, the rains came down and now my standard running route is completely submerged under water!  We have all had to be a bit creative the past few weeks - yesterday I was finally able to venture to one of my favorite places which has been impossible to get to because of the thick and crunchy snow.  It was great to see that trail again, but everywhere I looked there seemed to be a rotten old banana peel!  It kept my mind busy - ice, snow, mud, bananas, and yellow crime scene tape blocking off the trail because of flooding.  I was naughty and went underneath just to take a peek and yes, it was definitely not passable unless you happened to have a kayak with you.

I know that spring is right around the corner - the signs are everywhere!  Technically less than three weeks till the vernal equinox.  Soon we will change the clocks forward and we will be engulfed in daylight.  The flowers will bloom, the Gurneys Seed catalog will arrive, and Jerry will fire up the lawn mower.

Spring is coming - Hallelujah!