Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Content

Sunday:  26.2 mile run
Friday:  5 mile walk/limp/run
Monday:  1 hour yoga, 5 mile run
Wednesday:  20 min exercise ball, 5 mile run
Friday:  1 hour yoga, 4 mile run

Recovery from Columbus Marathon has gone pretty well.  I have the usual twingy right ankle and sore toes.  There is still one questionable toe nail but it seems to be healing.  I also have some tightness in my left IT band that I am not so happy about. I really just want that to go away.  I'm going to have to work on that in order to avoid a serious issue brewing in the future.  Physically things are pretty normal.

Emotionally I am very content.  No beating myself up because I did not go under 4 hours or get a BQ time.  It's really just fine.  I am probably more psyched about running now than I have been in a long time.  Running just for the sake of running.  I've had to break out the cold weather running clothes.  This morning it was very cold with a heavy frost, BUT the sun was shining and I knew it would be a great run.  Thoughts were swirling in my brain; they bubbled up one by one and I just kept dealing with each thought the same way:  it's okay, God is in control, I am content right now right where I am with what I have. 

I've spent some time browsing at spring marathon choices.  There are some interesting options.  We'll see what winter brings.

In general, the family fitness seems to be in a little bit of a funk.  We eeked out a nice walk/hike locally on Sunday.  Some of us were a little grumpy so it was not the best, but as always the fresh air was helpful and I think everyone felt a little better when we returned home.  Any remaining grumpies were banished by the amazing time we had working together in the kitchen to make Chile Rellenos.  Gina had found the recipe in one of our vegetarian magazines.  Wow was that ever a project but so worth it! Muy delicioso!

 I don't think I mentioned in my blog that Abby was able to break 14 minutes in the middle school cross country 2-mile race.  It was sheer awesomeness.  The girls team went on to win the NOC division for the first time ever.  Amazing group of runners this year and so fun to watch. Here is a tiny clip I took during one of their meets.  It's not great but I love the sound of people cheering for these kids.  Something about it makes the joy pour right out of my eyes.   Abby is the sixth runner in blue and white!