Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving sans Turkey

Monday:  45 minutes yoga
Tuesday:  5 mile run
Wednesday:  4 mile run, 45 minutes yoga
Friday:  8 mile run
Saturday:  5 mile run, long walk with Abby and Mia




This will be our first Thanksgiving without a turkey on the table.  To be honest, I am kind of disappointed because roasting a turkey slathered in olive oil and smothered in herbs was one of my favorite cooking activities.  Jerry will miss the smell of the turkey roasting in the oven all morning for sure, but we are looking forward to the many other delicious dishes on our menu. Here is the official menu:

Sweet Potato Casserole with Gingersnap Streusel
Killer Cranberry Sauce
Warm Wheat Berry Salad with Dried Fruit
Aunt Raffy's Stuffing (from Giada's Everyday Italian) minus the sausage
Mashed Potatoes
Deviled Eggs
Rolls
Italian Cream Cake

In the evening I am planning to make Hot and Sour Thai Tofu Soup to change it up a bit!

Thanksgiving has become a traditional day of rest for us.  There will be parade watching, followed by the dog show and maybe a movie or two.  If my memory serves me correctly there will most likely be a run for Jerry and I and/or a long walk with the girls.  At some point we will work in a good, long conversation about being thankful which is something I have been feeling a lot of lately.