Wednesday, December 8, 2010

White as Snow

Sunday:  6 mile run with Jerry
Tuesday:  4.4 mile treadmill intervals
Wednesday:  5 mile run
Friday:  4.4 mile treadmill intervals


Jesus paid it all; all to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain; He washed it white as snow....



During a snowy week like we have been having, I have a hard time not thinking of a song we sing a lot at our awesome church.  A snippet of the lyrics are above.  The snow has really been piling up and making the world look fresh and clean.  Not good for outdoor running, but a beautiful reminder that with God's help we can wipe the slate clean and get a fresh start on life.

So it was time to turn to the treadmill.  I actually really like the interval training I can now focus on.  I have iFit workouts from Jillian Michaels that seriously make me huff and puff.  The mileage doesn't look so great on paper but walking along at 5 miles an hour on an 8% incline really gets things going.  I will get outside when I can, but until then I will make the most of the treadmill in the basement.

That's thinking positive, right?  And if you like that sort of thing, check out this list of 75 Ways to Stay Unhappy Forever.  I think I'm going to print it out and hang it in the kitchen.