Monday, February 15, 2010

Week in Review 2/7/10 - 2/13/10

Sunday:  4.8 miles on treadmill (intervals)
Tuesday:  6.5 miles treadmill and 30 minutes yoga
Wednesday:  30 minutes yoga
Thursday:  2.2 miles treadmill
Friday:  4.8 miles on treadmill
Saturday:  4.0 miles outside

Total Running Miles:  22.3

It was a really hectic and chaotic week and I am glad that it is over!  Abby was sick again with some type of stomach issue on Monday and into Tuesday. Gina was beside herself with energy and the stress of swimming sectionals.  Her day on Saturday did not go as she had hoped but she had a great time on Friday cheering for the boys on our team.  She really wanted to break the 1 minute mark for her 100 Free but came up short at 1:01.33.  Her 200 IM time was a 2:37:something which was one second faster than the time she swam for the duration of the season.  She will head back to USC this week and is looking forward to seeing her former coach.  The photo is of how she looked coming home from the boys meet on Friday.  She did not look so happy on Saturday!

Abby recovered from her stomach ailment and hit the treadmill again.  She hasn't really run at all since November but today she got on and cruised through 3 miles with ease.  She definitely has some natural talent.  I am considering doing the Cleveland Spring Classic half marathon on April 10th.  There is a 5K as well and Abby wants to do that.  We were talking about it and Gina piped in that she might like to do it too.  How fun!

This evening both girls joined me for a nice one hour yoga session from  Yoga Today.  This week's free class is titled "Unwind the Mind."  There was a LOT of twisting - accompanied by much laughter.  It reminded me of when I was a teenager and my mom used to take my sister and I along to her "Foxy Lady" aerobics classes.  We used to laugh and giggle through the entire class but no one ever said a word.  I love the company and the laughter just makes it pass by quickly.  I was really surprised when Gina looked over and commented on how flexible I was.  I guess the consistent yoga really has helped.

Mia, our golden retriever, gave me quite a scare on Wednesday morning when she ran side-by-side with a coyote through our backyard.  It all happened so quickly.  I was praying she would stop at the fence and she did, but then she refused to come in.  In the process she bent one of her toe nails up and was bleeding.  She has been tending to it and it seems to be healing.  Of course, Gilbert thinks he knows just what to do and is still in the habit of hanging off her back legs and pouncing on her head whenever she decides to relax.  Here is a photo of them hanging out together which is something we really like to see.

Last Sunday was the Super Bowl and since we are not big football fans it was all about the food.  Jerry made his flank steak tacos (Abby and I left out the steak and used extra veggies).  Monday I made some stoup with ground chicken for the meatballs, Tuesday we did a tofu stir-fry with green beans, peppers and carrots and threw in some whole wheat noodles and then tossed it all in garlic black bean sauce from Heinens.   Turkey wraps with avocado on Wednesday.  Thursday we had traditional tacos with soy crumble instead of ground beef.  Friday it was eggplant parmigiana and salad.  On Saturday we ordered cheese pizza from Marcos!

The new snow is actually pretty and I always like how it cleans everything up.  There is nothing worse than old brown yucky snow in my opinion!