Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week in Review 5/16/10 - 5/22/10

Sunday:  13.1 mile run
Monday:  1 hour yoga
Thursday:  6 mile run
Friday:  4.2 mile run

I felt really happy all week about how things turned out in Cleveland on Sunday.  I thought I was ready to run on Thursday but I ended up feeling pretty tired halfway through.  I did see a turkey on the trail though!  Oh well, I knew the weekend would not be conducive to running so I headed back out on Friday.  This time I saw the owl!  By Saturday I was feeling pretty crappy - not sure if I ended up fighting off some bug but I feel a whole bunch better today.

So now we are looking down the barrel of the last week of school, followed by our much anticipated week in the Adirondacks.  To put it simply - I CAN"T WAIT! 

We celebrated the half marathon finish with some chinese takeout - all veggie dishes, of course.  Monday I made falafel wraps and baked sweet potato slices.  Tuesday was a new pea pesto which got mixed reviews.  It was the first time I ever used tarragon in anything.  Wednesday was simple baked potatoes and roasted asparagus.  Thursday I boiled rosetto ravioli - we have not had that in years and it was nice to revisit that simple meal - no complaints.  Friday we did the tofu stirfry with bagged coleslaw mix and noodles.  Saturday we grabbed some more falafel/hummus rolled pitas from Aladdins on our way home from teaching Sunday school.  All in all it was a good nutritious week - at least I thought so.

Jerry and Abby did some nice trail running together this week.  I'm a little jealous but I had lots and lots to do.  Gina is hanging onto swimming to release some of the end of the school year stress.  We are just so looking forward to getting up to the mountains and taking some long, deep breaths of that delicious air!