Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Monday:  4 mile run
Tuesday:  5 mile run
Wednesday:  3.5 "speed workout" with Abby
Thursday:   5 mile run
Friday:  1 hr yoga, 6 mile run with Abby and Jerry (who had already run 25 miles in the morning!)

Total Running Miles:  23.5

Seems like every year I arrive at the 4th of July in desperate need of a nap!  All day I have been thinking that I should go lie down, but I know that it will not happen.  Coffee is brewing as we speak and it is destined to be another late night with fireworks and good times.

My one hour of yoga this week was heavenly and left me super sore.  The class was called "Peaceful Living Through Breathing" from Yoga Today  and it was just perfect.  I have neglected my yoga but for good reason.  My church had a schedule for reading through the New Testament in May and June and I decided that I would once again attempt this challenge.  The only way for me to add something that is going to take a good half hour a day is to get rid of something else.  I took a break from yoga so I could start my day with some reading time.  If I could have done both at the same time I certainly would have, but I could not.  It was a good decision.  

The meal plan was somewhat interesting this week.  Sunday we were so excited to try some new vegetarian hot dogs and sausage that Abby and I located while shopping at the Mustard Seed.  We had high hopes but we were somewhat disappointed in the result.  While the hot dogs were somewhat edible, the sausage which was made from eggplant and other vegetables really did not go down so well.  Poor Jerry once again ended up with way too many lunches from this failed attempt.  Tuesday we picked it back up with a great pasta served with lots of fresh herbs and parmesan cheese.  Wednesday we made wraps with avocados, cream cheese and sundried tomatoes served with zucchini fries.  That meal was deeeelish!  Thursday was simply huevos rancheros (eggs with rice and hot sauce).  Friday we went to Blossom Music Center with a big bag of take out from Panera Bread and fresh cherries, Santa Cruz Lemonade and chianti.  Saturday we returned to the grill with soy burgers served with potato wedges and bean salad.  Much better!  Much much better!

Anyone going to be in Columbus on July 10?  I can't but I wish I could.  There will be an event called Run Fest at Frog Bear in the Arena District.  Its free and family-friendly.  Food, drinks, music, giveaways and the unveiling of the new Columbus Marathon logo.  I wish I could be there - I really love Columbus Marathon!  To see their facebook page go to:  http://bit.ly/9FwUUO.