Sunday, July 18, 2010

Too Darn Hot

Sunday:  10 mile run
Monday:  4 mile run
Tuesday:  5 mile run
Friday:  4 mile run
Saturday:  12 mile run

Total:  35 miles

Too Darn Hot!  Love that song from Kiss Me Kate and it really sums up the weather we have been having.  The only way to conquer the heat is to get up and run as early in the day as possible, but honestly lately it is hot and humid then too.  Take Friday morning:  dragged myself out before 6 am and was out the door within 15 minutes, the air felt hot and spongy.  First mile took over 10 minutes and to add insult to injury it started to sprinkle.  Then it started to pour.  Then I saw lightning.  By the time I returned home I was soaked but somehow still in a sleepy stupor! 

I am totally looking forward to the Joseph Monastra Refuse to Lose 5K this saturday in Hudson.  Abby and I have discussed our plan.  We probably will not run together for this race.  I think it will be a good pacing experience for her.  My mother's guilt may creep into the day.  I still feel bad about the Jim Klett 10K.  I kind of want to "keep an eye on her" in case her stomach talks back again, but I would be making the assumption that I could somehow keep her in sight.  It will be an interesting day for sure! 

I worked everyday this week so I had to really think through the meals.  Sunday was our picnic at Blossom.  We used a gift card from Giant Eagle and loaded up last minute on cheese, bread, fruit, pie, hummus, etc.  Monday we did a quick and easy pasta salad.  Tuesday was meatless chicken patty sandwiches and baked veggies.  Wednesday we had another quick and easy dinner of mexican casserole.  Thursday was potato skins and an after dinner trip to DQ!  Friday I redeemd myself with the labor-intensive Indonesian Pilaf.  Saturday we returned to Blossom but made our own food:  ciabatta rolls with avocado, sprouts, cheese, tomato and russian dressing; strawberries, chips, asian coleslaw and brownies for dessert.  Another awesome night under the stars with the Cleveland Orchestra!  My favorite summer activity in Cleveland!