Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hi Ho Hi Ho.....

My client had her baby so now it's back to work I go!  I really enjoyed having June to regroup, although it was extremely stressful being on call 24/7.  After returning home on Sunday, I did my 11-mile run sans cell phone.  That in and of itself was wonderful.  The extreme heat and sunshine also felt really good for some reason.  Maybe something to do with the birth of a new baby and the awesomeness of that beautiful event.  From there we headed to Blossom Music Center for a night outside listening to the Cleveland Orchestra.  Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

So now my schedule returns to being hectic for a few weeks.  Squeezing in runs will be tricky but I'm not afraid.  I have officially signed up for my 5th Columbus Marathon which will be held on October 17.  WooHoo!  Last week's long run of 11 miles will gradually build over the next couple of months.  I will try to follow Hal Higdon's Intermediate program which will include 5 days of running each week.

In the short-term, Abby and I are registered for the 9th Annual Refuse to Lose 5K race held in Hudson.  I have done the race every year since it's inception.  I absolutely love it.  Anyone interested in walking or running in this great event can find out more at www.hermescleveland.com .  

Jerry is in full taper mode for Burning River 100.  It's time to start all of our logistic conversations and planning.  The girls and I are really looking forward to helping him have a great day!