Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Earth Day Challenge!

I've had this race on my radar for a couple of years and I am finally going to go for it!  The date is April 17 in Gambier, Ohio.  It's a small race:  120 in the marathon and twice that in the half marathon.  The start and finish are at the Kenyon College Athletic complex and before you say anything - this is NOT a college visit!  This is going to be a chance for me to have a nice long run in central Ohio on hopefully a beautiful spring day.  No pressure, no big goals, just breathing in some fresh air and stretching out these middle aged momma legs.   With any luck, I will come home with a nice shirt, a hand-crafted mug or medal, and a pine seedling!

Sunday:  4 miles
Monday:  4.3 miles treadmill, 20 minutes yoga
Tuesday:  30 minutes yoga
Wednesday 4.8 miles treadmill
Friday:  9 miles treadmill
Saturday:  2.5 miles treadmill

Is it me or is January flying by?  I am grabbing at any chance I can to get outside and run on the bike path.  Friday's 9 miles on the treadmill left me feeling a bit like a hamster on a wheel.  I broke it into two 45-minute sessions and passed the time watching way too much TLC.  Next time I am stuck on the treadmill for over an hour I will put in a movie!  "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"  just has no purpose being a TV show.  I mean, really?  You didn't know?  Come on.........