Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One Eleven Eleven

Our day started with the realization that today's date is one of those fun ones.  That always gets things off to a good start.

Speaking of numbers and getting off to a good start, I managed to get some nice running in last week to start the new year.

Sunday:  6 miles
Monday:  5 miles
Tuesday:  30 minutes yoga
Wednesday:  10 mile run
Thursday:  3 miles treadmill, 20 minutes yoga
Friday:  6 miles treadmill

I also finally tallied up the numbers from 2010.  I ran a total of 1, 253 miles.  That was 80 miles less than 2009 but still satisfying.  I think I ran one 5K, one 10K, two half marathons and one full marathon.  Since I don't consider myself a "racer", those numbers are okay with me.  My t-shirt drawer is stuffed full of race shirts and a 5K can pretty much kill a Saturday morning, so I tend to stay home unless it's a race I want Gina and/or Abby to run for the experience. 

Since I usually run about 9 minutes/mile, that would mean I ran for about eight full days in 2010!

I also added up my documented time doing yoga.  Unfortunately I only came up with about 30 hours.  I was hoping for more!  I was very inconsistent and went months at a time without so much as one sun salutation or downward dog.  I will try to do better this year.  The older I get, the more I really NEED the things that yoga provides. 

My yoga practice has consisted solely of the free weekly class on Yoga Today .  Sometimes I think the one hour class is just too much for me to commit to so I end up talking myself out of it.  However, recently I discovered many yoga today videos on You Tube that are much shorter and easier to tackle.  Abby and I did three of them last night!  We finished up with the video below and felt great.  She commented about being able to breathe so much easier and I felt totally relaxed.  Try it out!