Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Six Mile Swim

Gina, now officially 15.5 years old, swam a 10K at her high school swim practice on Tuesday morning. This is apparently a winter break tradition:  the 100x100s workout.   That's 6.2 miles.  In a pool.  Before lunch.  I won't tell you what I was doing when I was 15, but I was certainly not swimming a 10K.  Heck I didn't even run one until I was 35 or so.  Another pretty awesome achievement for her to be proud of.  In addition, she lettered in 100 Free and 100 Back at the meets last week!

Our holidays were awesome.  The girls were off school for 14 days and Jerry was off from work for 12 days.  I was also able to take a break from my client and did minimal cooking and other household tasks.  We planned some good family dates and ended up in lots of fun places and restaurants.  The list includes Fine Points Knit Shop in Cleveland followed by a late lunch at Tommy's in Coventry.  A few days later we went to Don Drumm Studios in Akron followed by lunch at The Vegiterranean Restaurant.  To top it all off we saw The King's Speech at the Cedar Lee theater and then had dinner at Lemongrass.  Great vegetarain food at all of the above places.  Oh yeah, we celebrated the end of the first school semester at Organic Energy in Solon!  In between those activities we traveled to Dayton and western NY to celebrate Christmas and New Years with our families. 

With the New Year comes planning out events for 2011.  We've had some good discussions going and Jerry's registration for the Laurel Highlands 77-mile ultra is on its way to PA. It's undetermined if this will be a family event or if he will fly solo.   I had a good 10-mile run yesterday and feel fairly confident I can pull off training for a spring marathon.  Details coming soon!

Happy New Year to all!  I hope this is a year of good health and fitness for everyone!