Monday, March 1, 2010

Week in Review 2/21/10 - 2/27/10

Sunday:  8.0 miles outside with Jerry
Monday:  1 hour yoga
Tuesday:  4.5 miles treadmill
Wednesday:  4.0 miles treadmill, 30 minutes Just Dance (Wii) with Abby!
Thursday:  4.8 miles treadmill intervals
Saturday:  8.0 miles treadmill

Total Running Miles:  29.3

I was happy to get two 8-mile runs in this week.  Both took the exact amount of time (71 minutes) but one was outdoors in the sunshine with Jerry, and the other one was indoors in the basement on my treadmill with a TV remote in one hand trying everything possible to just pass away the time.  Gina eventually came down and did some yoga so at least I had someone to talk to.  During the week I discovered that it could be quite fun to watch hockey while running on the treadmill!  U-S-A, U-S-A!! 

I officially signed all of us up for the April 10th Spring Classic races in Strongsville.  I will do the half marathon and Jerry will supervise the 5K run with Gina and Abby.  I love the idea of us all piling in the car and driving over there to run.  It's not my favorite half marathon - I did the fall version with Jerry probably back in 2002 or so.  He was "pacing" me and we ended up going 1:48.  I seriously wanted to kill him by the last couple of miles!  I swore I would never return to that race but here we are..............I'll shoot for something around 2 hours and then plan my goals for Cleveland Half in May.  That 1:48 will surely stand as my PR forever.  My last attempt on a half resulted in a 1:56 and I was shot.

Abby ran outside with me yesterday!  It was a bit windier than we expected so her little lungs were doing overtime.  She, of course, pulled away from me in the first half mile but then we reconvened at the school and walked a couple of minutes before resuming our run back to the car.  Track tryouts are supposedly in two weeks.  I know she is more than ready for a one-mile event but it is a totally different beast than her 2-mile cross-country event.  Yes, she can cover one mile easily.....but just how fast can she cover it is the question to answer.  She really rocks when it comes to running - such beautiful form and strength.  I couldn't stop smiling yesterday as I followed her down the bike path!

I tried to feed them well this week.  School seems super stressful for all so I really feel the need to limit junk and increase good stuff.  We started the week with a french toast casserole for Sunday nights dinner.  Monday was a pasta tossed with fresh herbs and breadsticks.  We had Cuban sandwiches (turkey and ham, dill pickles, mustard) and Veggie Burgers (non soy) later in the week.  Tortellini Soup and grainy bread for Friday night's dinner and good old pizza on the weekend.

Jerry is entertaining us with his early case of Burning River nightmares!  It seems so far away but we are all really looking ahead to that fun fun day!  We are also counting the months till our Adirondack vacation which now seems so simple - all we have to say is March, April, May and we will be there!