Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week in Review 3/14/10 - 3/20/10

Monday:  4 mile run, 30 minutes treadmill walk
Tuesday:  1 hour yoga, 10.1 mile run
Wednesday:  4 mile run
Thursday:  30 minutes yoga, 2.5 mile walk/run with Gina
Friday:  4 mile run
Saturday:  6 mile run

Total Running Miles:  30.5

Great week for running.  Tuesday's 10 miler was unplanned.  I headed out for 6 shortly around noon and it was so nice out I quickly changed the route to make it 7 miles.  I started thinking that the weekend was going to be busy and it would be great to get a long run out of the way, so I made the decision to stay out in the sunshine and complete a 10-mile route.  It felt pretty good even though my feet were not prepared and I did not have any water on me.   Maybe the Vitamin D is kicking in!

Abby started track and clocked a 7:22 for her first 1-mile time trial.  I'm so impressed with her ability and her desire to do well. 

Gina also got back to running this week and is gearing up for the 5K on April 10.  She was a little bummed at how bad it felt to hit the pavement again.  I tried to explain that swimming is a non-impact sport and it will take some time for those muscles and joints to get used to weight-bearing exercise.  She ran 3 times and I think it got a little better for her each time.  Here's a photo of Abby and Gina as we headed to the bike path on Saturday morning.  The bike path is full of the sights and sounds of spring - lots of spring peepers and other frogs, turtles, birds and deer.  I walked leisurely with Mia while the two of them ran the length of the path and back.  I had already done my 6 miles earlier and Jerry was in CVNP doing a 25 mile training run.  It was a great feeling to head back to the house knowing we had all been out and about for the morning - even the dog!

Last night we taught the little people at church so we played hookie this morning and did not go back for service.  Instead we went out to Burton for the annual pancake breakfast.  There are 4 different venues to choose from.  This year we decided to do the rustic setting of Century Village.  Apparently so did everyone else in NE Ohio!  We waited about an hour in line to get our pancakes, sausage, applesauce, juice/milk and coffee.  All I can say is it is well worth the wait for REAL maple syrup and REAL butter.  It is just one of those things that you can do once a year and be satisfied by the sheer goodness of it until the next March rolls around.  Here is a photo of part of the line!  We then visited some of the horses that were "out back."  I love anytime we can be around animals and that much nature.  It is such a nice break from our everyday routine and chaos.

I liked the meals we had this week.  Things were pretty simple but no one complained.  We had mac-n-cheese and apple salad; veggie enchiladas; baked potatoes with broccoli cheese sauce; english muffin pizzas; california rolls and egg rolls, and for St Patricks Day we made sandwiches with pastrami, cole slaw, russian dressing and swiss cheese and served them up with baked sweet potato fries!  Last night we went to Panera after church and caught up with some friends.  That was a great way to end the week!