Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week in Review 2/28/10 - 3/6/10

Sunday:  2.5 miles outside with Abby, 2.5 miles on treadmill
Tuesday:  5 miles, 30 minutes yoga
Thursday:  10 miles
Friday:  4 miles
Saturday:  6 miiles

Total Running Miles:  30

Hellooooooooooo March!  There is something really sweet about the arrival of March.  We have been blessed with several days of sunshine.  I can see my daffodil and hyacinth bulbs poking up through the ground, and how about that grass!  It feels like the bulk of winter is behind us even though we all know there is more snow in the future.

I was really pleased to get in 30 miles this week.  I am not far behind a marathon training schedule.  Last year at this time I had a 15 miler under my belt.  This week's 10 miler felt just right though.  There is something so magical about springtime long runs.  I am now looking forward to the half marathon scheduled for one month from now. 

Gina was supposed to swim this weekend but we canceled since her stomach was not its usual hungry self.  She was feeling nauseated and did not feel like eating.  She especially did not feel like trying to squeeze her body into that new swimsuit.  I started her on some pepcid and she took it easy yesterday.  I think the stress of the school year caught up with her and that is her body's way of sounding the alarm. I've always tried to teach them to listen to their bodies.  She seems much better today and has Gold Champs at CSU on the schedule for next weekend.  Break out that Fast Skin swimsuit!

Abby got in some nice outdoor running this weekend.  She ran while Gina and I walked the bike path both yesterday and today.  I also took her out shopping yesterday for new running clothes.  She needed some technical shirts and some tights for the first cold days of track.  She is so tiny though!  It makes buying good running clothes a bit of a challenge.  We found a few things at Target:  pants, knee-length tights, and a long-sleeve pullover.  Then we went to Dicks where she found 2 awesome, fun, short-sleeve shirts, a long-sleeve LiveStrong shirt and a pair of wind pants!  It cost me an arm and a leg but she was grinning from ear to ear! 

Jerry was out early Saturday morning and managed to get in a nice 18 miles.  It will be this way till August:  Saturday morning is usually reserved for his long run.  The girls and I get really used to him being out of the house.  It's always a transition when we have him hanging around on Saturdays!

Food was tricky this week.  We managed stuffed acorn squash; ham and pea pasta; yucky disgusting fish that no one but Jerry could stomach with rice and broccoli; a mexican lasagne with soy crumble and avocado mixed in the layers; and delicious Tuscan vegetable soup with french bread to round out the weekend.

I'm hoping for lots of sunshine and fresh air this week!  Goodbye snow!?