Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week in Review 1/10/10 - 1/16/10

Sunday:  45 minute interval training on treadmill
Monday:  45 minute interval training on treadmill and 1/2 hr yoga
Tuesday:  45 minute interval training on treadmill
Wednesday:  1 hour yoga
Friday:  45 minute interval training on treadmill
Saturday  30 minute walk with Jerry and the dog

Not a tremendous week for working out with about 18 miles of indoor running.  Some weeks are like that.  I really did enjoy the treadmill workouts though as they are getting really tough.  I am using the iFit memory cards that came with my NordicTrack treadmill.  They control the speed and incline and have the voice of Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser to guide one through the workout.  I prefer listening to music but so far I am okay with waiting on her cues to motivate me.

I was pretty busy in the kitchen this week, too!  It was not a vegetarian week but still pretty healthy.  Chicken Tagine on Sunday was amazing, followed by a vegetarian Shepherds Pie, Lentils & Rice with some grilled cheese and veggie sandwiches, Tofu stir-fry on Friday, and cheese pizza on swim meet night when we had to get out the door quick.

Today was the first day I ran outside since December 14 and it felt really nice.  Jerry had left the house while I did some shopping.  I called him when I got home and he was fairly close to home so we made plans to meet at the bike path.  Just as I turned onto the path I saw him coming so we ran together for 4 miles.  That made a nice 12 mile run for him and it was pretty nice to spend some time together that way.