Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week in Review 1/17/10 - 1/23/10

Sunday:  4 mile run outside
Monday: 45-minute treadmill intervals
Tuesday: 45-minute treadmill intervals & 1 hour yoga
Wednesday:  45-minute treadmill intervals
Thursday: 4-mile run outside
Friday:  1 hour yoga
Saturday:  6 mile run outside

Total running:  27.5 miles

It felt soooooo good to get some fresh air in my lungs this week!  I thoroughly enjoyed the outside miles, especially saturday since Jerry and I ran together for about 3 miles before he split off for trails and I returned home.  It had the exact feel of a first long training run and I wished for a little bit that I had signed up for the full marathon at Cleveland instead of the half.  But then I remembered the feeling of long runs in the sleet, snow, ice, wind and I quickly felt confident in my decision to only do the half marathon in May.  I'm thinking about maybe doing the Spring Classic half marathon in April as well.  We'll see.  Truthfully I felt as if I could have run a full 13 miles yesterday so I am not terribly concerned about pulling up a training plan quite yet.  I've got to let a few more weeks unfold.

Abby survived the spelling bee on Thursday night but not without battling a stomach flu before, during and after.  She is still not herself - no appetite and no energy.  No exercise for her this week.  It was a very tough week for her.  She will be ready to start training for track as soon as she is up and feeling better.  I had to smile at the spelling bee when her first word to spell was "muscular."  How appropriate!

Gina had lots and lots of swimming as usual.  Her appetite is definitely not suffering.  That girl is eating me out of house and home.  Thank God for Amy's Meals!  I swear I don't know where she is putting it.  We discovered that we weigh exactly the same now, and then had a most hilarious chuckle at the difference in our body shapes and appearances!  As I like to say, I am dimpled with humanity..............Oh, but back to Gina - we realized that on top of two swim practices a day, she is also putting in a tough 1.5 hours of daily gym class. 

The kitchen was sort of a mess this week.  I couldn't get organized enough to think past one day at a time.  The result was a less than optimal menu:  tuna on english muffins and sweet potato fries, turkey sandwiches with avocado, sprouts, tomato and cheese served with homemade breaded zucchini sticks, tomato soup from scratch which takes forever but taste great with grilled cheese.  I honestly don't remember the rest of what we ate.  I am already prepared for the upcoming week with lots of shopping behind me this weekend.  It always feels great to start the week with a plan and a full pantry.